Item Details

Print View

Villino Lambeth

Format
Photographs; Online
Date Created
1912
Composition Era
20th Century
1910's
Type
building
Place
Thompson Rd, University of Virginia, Charlottesville
Charlottesville (Va.)
Culture
American
Note
The Dell--Lambeth had a house with classical gardens approximately where Bayly Museum is now located--Dr. William Alexander Lambeth (1867-1944) was a physician who was head of Buildings and Grounds from 1905 to 1930 and published Jefferson as an Architect in 1913, the first study of Jeffersonian architecture. Lambeth is also considered the father of Virginia athletics.
2 Story Brick: Tile Hipped Roof, 6/6, Blinds; Baluster Fence w/Gateway Date Plaque, Pergola, Stone Doorway, Statuary, Gardens
Contents
Digital Images : 4; Exterior -- Pergola outbuilding -- Dated paver -- Stone garden gate.
Credit
K. Edward Lay, Also published in The Architecture of Jefferson country: Charlottesville and Albemarle County, Virginia. 2000.
Collection
Art and Architecture
Architecture of Jefferson Country
Copyright Not EvaluatedCopyright Not Evaluated
▾See more
▴See less
uva-lib:84694
uva-lib:84694
uva-lib:84694
uva-lib:84694