Item Details

Maxfield

Format
Photographs; Online
Date Created
1764
Composition Era
18th Century
1760's
Type
building
Place
Originally @ Keswick; Moved to Milton c 1790 by Francis Walker; Then relocated to Rt 647 near Cismont mid 19th century by Thos Walker Lewis
Keswick (Va.)
Albemarle County (Va.)
Milton (Albemarle County, Va.)
Culture
American
Note
Originally called Belvoir--Fairy Fort--The Creek Farm--Hommes or Money (Boys) School
1 Story Frame, Paired Column Portico, 9/9, 6/6, 5 Course American Bond, Beaded Siding, Rose Head Nails, 1 1/4 Muntins, Wood Shingles, Dormer Storage, Bulkhead, Winter Kitchen w/Oven, Split Rivens, 4 Panel Doors, Diagonally-set Chimney, Transom w/Sidelights, 5 Bay, Mortise and Tenon Joinery, Pegged Joinery, Pitsaw Marks, Reciprocating Saw Marks, Blinds, Roman Numerals on Flooring, 2 Pile, Privy, late 19th century Bank Barn, Ghost
Survey Data
Virginia Road Traces--Work Projects Administration
Event
Keswick--Moved to Milton--Burned
Contents
Digital Images : 7; Exterior -- 1930s exterior -- Plan -- Field notes -- Outbuilding -- Fireplace -- Oven in winter kitchen in cellar.
Credit
K. Edward Lay, Also published in The Architecture of Jefferson country: Charlottesville and Albemarle County, Virginia. 2000.
Collection
Art and Architecture
Architecture of Jefferson Country
Logo for Copyright Not EvaluatedCopyright Not Evaluated
Preview image for uva-lib:83515
Preview image for uva-lib:83515
Preview image for uva-lib:83515
Preview image for uva-lib:83515
Preview image for uva-lib:83515
Preview image for uva-lib:83515
Preview image for uva-lib:83515