Item Details

Print View

Found in WSLS-TV (Roanoke, VA) News Film Collection, 1951 to 1971 1958 December

Virginia Republican Leaders Conclude Committee Meeting in Staunton, Va.; One-Story House Damaged by Fire and Overheated Stove Causes House Fire in Roanoke, Va.; House Destroyed by Oil Stove Explosion in Martinsville, Va.; Grocery Store Owner Donates Food and Clothes to Mining Families in Wise County, Va.

Digital Collection

The WSLS-TV News Film Collection, 1951-1971, comprises anchor scripts and 16mm news film created by Roanoke, Va., television station WSLS. A grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities funded the preservation and digitization of this collection.

View all items from WSLS-TV (Roanoke, VA) News Film Collection, 1951 to 1971

Format
Video; Online; Anchor Script
Release Date
12/13/58
Run Time
2 min., 49 sec.
Sound
silent
Color
BW
Abstract
Patronage Committee members at the Virginia Republican State Central Committee meeting in Staunton privately discuss recommendations for federal judgeship candidates. Roanoke firefighters try to put out a fire in a one-story house, then they attempt to extinguish a different house fire started in a second-story bedroom by an overheated stove. Martinsville firefighters attempt to put out the flames of a house fire but are unable to stop it from burning down completely. Grocery store owner Ralph Campbell and a young boy pack boxes of canned goods and clothes to deliver to unemployed miners and their families in Derby (Wise County, Va.)
Copyright Notice
Each user of the WSLS materials must individually evaluate any copyright or privacy issues that might pertain to the intended uses of these materials, including fair use.
Read more.
Copyright Not EvaluatedCopyright Not Evaluated
▾See more
▴See less
(current collection) « Previous  |  Next »