Item Details

A Few Hints on the Practical Study of Ecclesiastical Architecture and Antiquities Talbot Collection of British Pamphlets: For the Use of the Cambridge Camden Society

Incorporated Society for Promoting the Enlargement, Building, and Repairing of Churches and Chapels; Cambridge Camden Society
Format
EBook; Book; Online
Published
Cambridge : At the University Press : Stevenson Cambridge ; [Oxford] : Parker Oxford ; [London] : Rivingtons London, MDCCCXLIII [1843]
Edition
Fourth edition
Language
English
Description
60 p. ; 21 cm.
Mode of access: Internet.
Notes
The original Cambridge Camden Society was founded in 1839 at Cambridge. In 1845 it moved to London, and changed its name to the Ecclesiological Society. The Society had a major influence on the development of church architecture during the mid-nineteenth century, under the influence of its founders Benjamin Webb, John Mason Neale, and Alexander Beresford-Hope. Its famous Journal, The Ecclesiologist, was published between 1841 and 1868, and combined scholarly articles with trenchant criticism.
Local Notes
Talbot collection of British pamphlets.
Logo for Copyright Not EvaluatedCopyright Not Evaluated
Technical Details

  • LEADER 02576cam a2200469Ia 4500
    001 008719734
    003 MiAaHDL
    005 20100724000000.0
    006 m d
    007 cr bn ---auaua
    008 010830s1843 enk 000 0 eng d
    035
      
      
    a| sdr-uiuc5380556
    035
      
      
    a| (OCoLC)83735322
    040
      
      
    a| CaQMCCA e| dcrb c| PAT d| UIU
    043
      
      
    a| e-uk-en
    049
      
      
    a| UIUU
    245
    0
    2
    a| A few hints on the practical study of ecclesiastical architecture and antiquities : b| for the use of the Cambridge Camden Society. n| Talbot Collection of British Pamphlets
    250
      
      
    a| Fourth edition.
    260
      
      
    a| Cambridge : b| At the University Press : b| Stevenson Cambridge ; a| [Oxford] : b| Parker Oxford ; a| [London] : b| Rivingtons London, c| MDCCCXLIII [1843]
    300
      
      
    a| 60 p. ; c| 21 cm.
    500
      
      
    a| The original Cambridge Camden Society was founded in 1839 at Cambridge. In 1845 it moved to London, and changed its name to the Ecclesiological Society. The Society had a major influence on the development of church architecture during the mid-nineteenth century, under the influence of its founders Benjamin Webb, John Mason Neale, and Alexander Beresford-Hope. Its famous Journal, The Ecclesiologist, was published between 1841 and 1868, and combined scholarly articles with trenchant criticism.
    538
      
      
    a| Mode of access: Internet.
    590
      
      
    a| Talbot collection of British pamphlets.
    650
      
    0
    a| Christian antiquities z| Great Britain.
    650
      
    0
    a| Church architecture x| Details.
    700
    1
      
    a| Neale, J. M. q| (John Mason), d| 1818-1866, e| attributed name.
    700
    1
      
    a| Stevenson, e| printer.
    710
    2
      
    a| Incorporated Society for Promoting the Enlargement, Building, and Repairing of Churches and Chapels.
    710
    2
      
    a| Rivingtons, e| printer.
    710
    2
      
    a| Cambridge University Press, e| printer.
    710
    2
      
    a| Cambridge Camden Society.
    776
    1
      
    c| Original w| (IU)
    856
    4
    0
    3| OCA u| http://www.archive.org/details/fewhintsonpracti00camb
    856
    4
    0
    3| UIUC u| http://hdl.handle.net/10111/UIUCOCA:fewhintsonpracti00camb
    974
      
      
    8| ia.fewhintsonpracti00camb b| UIU c| IUIUC d| 20180315 s| ia u| uiuo.ark:/13960/t3ws8wb3b z| Talbot Collection of British Pamphlets y| 1843 r| pd q| bib

Access online

Google Preview