The Threepenny opera [videorecording]
- VHS; Video
- Highwaymen and thieves stand for the great lords and powerful public officials of Georgian England, in this spoof of the corrupt politics during that time. Depiction and intimation of crime and vice in all strata of society make it universally appealing.
- G.W. Pabst
- Lotte Lenya, Rudolph Forster.
- Release Date
- Run Time
- 113 min.
- VHS format [NTSC]
- In German with English subtitles.
- Based on the play "Threepenny opera" by Bertolt Brecht which was based on John Gay's "The Beggar's Opera".
- Videocassette release of the 1931 motion picture.
- Director, G.W. Pabst ; screenplay, Leo Lania, Bela Balazs, Ladislaus Vajda.
- Los Angeles, CA :Embassy Home Entertainment,c1984.
- 1 videocassette (113 min.) : sd., b&w. ; 1/2 in.
- Technical details