The General [videorecording]
Joseph M. Schenck presents ; A United Artists production ; written and directed by Buster Keaton and Clyde Bruckman ; adapted by Al Boasberg and Charles Smith.
- DVD; Video
- Johnnie loves his train ("The General") and Annabelle Lee. When the Civil War begins he is turned down for service because he's more valuable as an engineer. Annabelle thinks it's because he's a coward. Union spies capture The General with Annabelle on board. Johnny must rescue both his loves.
- Buster Keaton; Clyde Bruckman
- Buster Keaton, Marion Mack, Glen Cavender, Jim Farley, Frederick Vroom, Charles Smith, Frank Barnes [i.e. Richard Allen], Joe Keaton, Mike Donlin, Tom Nawn.
- Release Date
- Run Time
- 78 min.
- Silent film with musical accompaniment and caption screens.
- Digitally remastered.
- Based on a true story.
- Joseph M. Schenck, producer ; cinematography, Bert Haines, Devereaux Jennings.
- Narberth, PA :Alpha Video,c2003.
- Recording information
- Originally released as a motion picture by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer in 1927.
- Publisher no.
- ALP 4128D Alpha Video
- 1 videodisc (78 min.) : si., b&w ; 4 3/4 in. DVD; NTSC, All regions, 4:3 aspect ration; dolby digital 2.
- Technical details