The Innocents [videorecording]
Twentieth Century-Fox presents ; Jack Clayton's production of ; additional scenes & dialogue by John Mortimer ; screenplay by William Archibald and Truman Capote ; produced and directed by Jack Clayton.
- Video; DVD
- "Set in nineteenth-century England, this gothic ghost story centers around a governess taking care of two orphans in a foreboding Victorian mansion. As eerie apparitions appear and the children's behavior becomes strange, the governess begins to wonder about the fate of the previous governess and her sadistic lover. Could it be that their restless spirits are trying to corrupt the innocence of the children, or is this 'haunting' a product of her own fears and imagination?"-- Container.
- Jack Clayton
- Deborah Kerr, Peter Wyngarge, Megs Jenkins, Michael Redgrave, Martin Stephens, Pamela Franklin, Clytie Jessop, Isla Cameron.
- Release Date
- Run Time
- 100 min.
- In English or dubbed Spanish; with optional English or Spanish subtitles.
- Not rated by the MPAA.
- Based on the novella: The turn of the screw / by Henry James.
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 1961.
- Includes theatrical trailer (3 min.).
- Anamorphic widescreen format (2.35:1) or standard format (1.33:1).
- Director of photography, Freddie Francis ; editor, James Clark ; music composed by Georges Auric ; music conducted by W. Lambert Williamson.
- Beverly Hills, Calif. :20th Century Fox Home Entertainment,c2005.
- Publisher no.
- 2230295 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
- 1 videodisc (100 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in. DVD, region 1, NTSC, single-layer; Dolby digital stereo. in English, Dolby digital mono. in Spanish.
- Technical details