The Question of causation [electronic resource]
produced by the Consortium for Mathematics and Its Applications, and Chedd-Angier.
- Video; Computer Resource; Online Video; Online
- Deals with the association between categorical variables displayed in a two-way table. Illustrates Simpson's paradox, the numerous relations among variables that underlie an observed association, and how evidence of causation is obtained. Examples siting the relationship between smoking and lung cancer are used.
- Hosted by Teresa Amabile.
- Release Date
- Run Time
- 27 min.
- high school/college.
- Series provides a primer on statistical method and inference, explaining how data collections and manipulation, paired with intelligent judgment and common sense, lead to a greater understanding of the world.
- Against all odds : inside statistics
- Series statement
- Against all odds : inside statistics ; 11
- Against all odds : inside statistics ; 11.
- 1559460911 (series),
- South Burlington, Vt. :Annenberg/CPB,c1989.
- Access Online
- Mode of access: Windows Media Player, World Wide Web.
- Technical details