A Day on the Grand Canal with the emperor of China [videorecording] : or, Surface is illusion but so is depth
a film by David Hockney and Philip Haas.
- Video; VHS
- Discusses the Kangxi emperor's southern inspection tour, a 72-foot-long scroll by Wang Hui, and compares it with a later scroll by Xu Yang and a painting by Canaletto.
- David Hockney; Philip Haas
- David Hockney.
- Release Date
- Run Time
- 47 min.
- Videocassette release of a 1988 production.
- Variant title
- Surface is illusion but so is depth
- Director/producer, Philip Haas ; writer, David Hockney ; photography, Curtis Clark ; music, Marc Wilkinson ; editor, Curtiss Clayton ; consultant, Maxwell K. Hearn.
- New York :Milestone,c1991.
- 1 videocassette (47 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in. VHS format [NTSC]
- Technical details