The Loving story [videorecording]
HBO Documentary Films presents ; an Augusta Films production ; director, Nancy Buirski ; produced by Nancy Buirski & Elisabeth Haviland James ; writers, Nancy Buirski & Susie Ruth Powell.
- DVD; Video
- Documentary about the case of Richard & Mildred Loving, a white man & a black woman who were convicted by the state of Virginia for the crime of marrying across racial lines in the late 1950s.
- Nancy Buirski
- Interviews and commentary (archival footage): Richard Loving, Mildred Loving, J. Lindsay Almond Jr., Virginia Governor, 1958; Edward Ayers, Historian and President, University of Richmond; Judge Leon M. Bazile, Caroline County Circuit Court; David Brinkley, NBC News, Washington; Bernard S. Cohen, Philip J. Hirschkop, ACLU Attorneys.
- Release Date
- Run Time
- 77 min.
- In English; closed-captioned.
- Originally released as documentary in 2011.
- Includes DVD-ROM link to teacher's guide (.PDF).
- Virginia, 1958
- Sneaking back
- The climate
- The case
- The court
- Cinematography, Rex Miller, Steve Milligan; editing, Elisabeth Haviland James ; music, David Majzlin.
- Brooklyn, NY :Icarus Films,c2011.
- 1 videodisc (77 min.) : sd., b&w, with col. sequences ; 4 3/4 in. DVD, NTSC.
- Technical details