Let me kiss the Flag before I die
words by Arthur J. Lamb ; music by Frederick V. Bowers.
- Musical Score
- 1 vocal score (3,  p.) ; 35 cm.
- New York (145 W. 45th St.) :Frederick V. Bowers Inc.,c1918(N.Y. :F.J. Lawson Co.]
- Title from caption title.
- For voice and piano.
- Cover design by Starmer: a Red Cross nurse and attendants care for a wounded soldier; a van of the American Red Cross sets behind them; the fighting continues on the horizon. With inset portrait, captioned "Sung with great success by the composer Frederick V. Bowers. The number "5" is outside the lower right corner of the portrait.
- First line of text: Hushed the roar of battle Hushed the sound of strife.
- First line of chorus: I leave no mother to weep for me.
- Advertisements: in the gutter: for "We're going to take the germ out of Germany" and "Good luck to the U.S.A."; on p. : "Bowers songs touch the heart" with excerpts from "Wanting you," "Where the rippling waters flow" and "Like a ship that drifted away."
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Bruccoli Great War Collection. Gift of Matthew J. Bruccoli, 1995.
- Technical details