American solo songs, 1866 through 1910
edited by Nicholas Tawa.
- Musical Score
- 1 score (xxii, 498 p.) : facsims. ; 24 cm.
- Three centuries of American music
- [Boston, MA?] :G.K. Hall,1989.
- Songs of love and sentiment
- Waltz songs
- Songs with an American character
- Black dialect songs
- Songs about nonblack ethnic Americans
- Art songs
- Facsimile reproductions of early editions.
- Piano acc.; in part with chorus.
- Principally English words, in part printed as text; 2 songs with German and English words.
- Historical and editorial notes on p. xi-xxii.
- Includes index by title, composer, and lyricist.
- Bibliography of songs: p. 477-486; Suggested reading: p. 487-490.
- Series statement
- Three centuries of American music ; v. 2
- Technical details