- Item Actions
Colton, J. H; JH Colton & Co
- Map; Online
- 1 map : hand col. ; 29 x 38 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:2,000,000]
- New York : Published by J.H. Colton & Co. No. 172 William Street, 1857.
- Map does not include Wise County, which was formed in 1856.
- Relief shown by hachures.
- Prime meridians: Greenwich and Washington (D.C.)
- Two insets: Richmond Henrico County, Manchester and Spring Hill Chesterfield Co. -- Norfolk, Portsmouth and Gosport. (separate scales)
- "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1855 by J.H. Colton & Co. in the Clerks Office of the District Court for the Southern District of New York."
- Explanations: Rail Roads, Common, Canals, State Capital, County Towns, Vill. P.O. & Depots
- Printed on lightweight paper, without plate number.
- Was probably folded into covers which are no longer present.
- Technical Details