- Item Actions
The Wide, Wide World
by Elizabeth Wetherell
- Book; Online
- 576,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. (3 col.) ; 19 cm.
- Complete edition
- Home treasure library
- London (Warwick House, Dorset Buildings, Salisbury Square, E.C.) : Ward, Lock, and Co., [between 1878 and 1889] (Chilworth ; London : Unwin Brothers, The Gresham Press)
- Ward, Lock & Co. was at this address from 1878-1890. Cf. P.A.H. Brown, London publishers and printers, c. 1800-1870.
- Advertisements: List of titles in the "Home treasure library" on p. ; 66 titles from the "Lily series" on p. ; "A list of Ward, Lock & Co.'s illustrated gift books, standard works, and popular volumes for children" on p. - at end.
- Contains a presentation inscription dated 1889 and binder's label of W. Greening, 183 Fleet Street.
- Original pictorial green cloth, with design, series title, cover title and spine title stamped in darker green, black and gold.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Gift of Melissa White, 2006.
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: PS3155 .W5 1878c: Variant edition, but added here because the volume is imperfect, with everything before p.  wanting. Nine plates (1 col.) are present; images are the same as in 1878b, but the captions are different. The pages of the publisher's advertisements are numbered, with only p. 3-12 present. Original maroon cloth, stamped in black and gold, with "Coloured illustrations" stamped at bottom of cover title. Gift of Melissa White, 2006.
- Technical Details