- Item Actions
Ship Island Inlet to Mississippi Sound
surveyed in January and February, 1841, by L.M. Powell, Lt. commanding U.S. Brig Consort, under instruction from The Hon. Board of Navy Commissioners ; reduced by L.W. DuBois, from the original chart by L.M. Powell ... ; Lith. of P. Haas, Wash. City.
- Online; Map; Government Document
- 1 map ; 61x 90 cm.
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:48,000]; 4000 feet to the inch.
- [Washington, D.C. : Ritchie & Heiss, print., 1846]
- Depths shown by soundings.
- "Tide register at Ship Island" appears in lower right corner.
- Two land profiles in upper left: 1. Cat Island, Bearing West -- 2. Ship Island, Bearing S.E.
- Detached from: Ship channel at Ship Island, Gulf of Mexico. Letter from the Secretary of the Navy, transmitting information relative to the ship channel at and near the Ship Island in the Gulf of Mexico. January 21, 1846. Read and laid upon the table. 29th Congress, 1st. Session, Ho. of Reps. Doc. 80. [Washington, D.C.] : Ritchie & Heiss, Print. A COPY OF THE TEXT AND ANOTHER COPY OF THE MAP AVAILABLE IN THE TRACY W. McGREGOR LIBRARY, call number A 1846 .U58c.
- Technical details