- Item Actions
Battles of Mexico: Survey of the Line of Operations of the U.S Army, Under the Command of Major General Winfield Scott, on the 19th. & 20th. August & on the 8th. 12th. & 13th. September, 1847
made by Maj. Turnbull, Capt. McClellan & Lieut. Hardcastle, Topl. Engs. ; drawn by Capt. McClellan
- Map; Online
- 1 map : hand col. ; 60 x 86 cm. on sheet 68 x 97 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:32,000].
- [Washington? D.C. : s.n., 1848]
- This version of the map does not have an imprint or a copyright statement.
- "Bureau Corps T. Engineers, 3d. March 1848. Examined & approved J.J. Abert Col. Corps T.E." -- At lower left.
- Relier shown by hachures.
- Inset (separate scale): Part of the Valley of Mexico.
- Includes positions and numbers of troops and casualty statistics for the battles of Contreras, Churubusco, Molino del Rey, and Chapultepec.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Has several marginal tears.
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: In Flat-folio Map Cabinet.
- Technical Details