- Item Actions
Battlefield in front of Franklin, Tenn. where the United States forces, consisting of the 4th & 23rd Corps and the Cavalry Corps M.D.M., all under the command of Maj. Gen'l. J. M. Schofield, severely repulsed the Confederate army, commanded by Lt. Gen'l Hood, November 30th 1864
Published by authority of the Hon. Secretary of War in the office of the Chief of Engineers, U.S. Army, 1874.
- Online; Map
- 1 map : col. ; 71 x 45 cm.
- [United States : s.n., 1874]
- "Compiled under the direction of Col. W. E. Merrill, Chief Eng., D.C., from surveys made by Maj. James R. Willett . . . & Maj. T. J. L. Remington . . ."
- Indicates troop positions, roads, railroad, houses, names of residents, fences, drainage, vegetation, and relief by hachures.
- The name of the lithographer is not indicated on this issue.
- Preliminary manuscript map is listed at entry no. 422.
- Cited in
- LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 423
- Technical details