- Item Actions
Uncle Tom's Cabin! at Vestry of M.E. Church, Hudson, Wednesday & Thursday Evenings, Feb. 26th and 27th, 1879: A Realistic Picture of Life in the South Twenty Years Ago. .
Admission, 25 cents. ; Proceeds to furnish Vestry. .
- Book; Broadside; Online
- 1 sheet ( p.) ; 35 x 20 cm.
- [Hudson? N.H. : Methodist Episcopal Church, 1879]
- Includes a cast of characters, a list of musical numbers and a synopsis of each scene in the six-act production.
- Believed to be an amateur production of the play held in Hudson New Hampshire. The Methodist Episcopal Church of Hudson had recently been moved and renovated, with the building "raised to a sufficient height to permit the construction of a commodious vestry in the lower story. ... " The Church was re-dedicated on January 24, 1878. -- Cf. Webster, K. History of Hudson, N.H., 1913, p. 447. Names of many of the cast members appear in the 1880 census records as residents of Hudson or Nashua New Hampshire.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Clifton Waller Barrett Library, Harriet Beecher Stowe Collection. Robert and Virginia Tunstall Trust Fund, 2008/2009.
- Technical Details