- Item Actions
Mobile Bay, Alabama
from a trigonometrical survey under the direction of A.D. Bache, Superintendent of the Survey of the Coast of the United States ; Triangulation by C.M. Eakin & F.H. Gerdes, Assistants ; Topography by W.E. Greenwell, Assist. ; Hydrography by the parties under the command of Lieuts. B.F. Sands, J. Alden, & C.P. Patterson U.S.N., Assistants
- Map; Government Document; Online
- 1 nautical chart ; 96 x 72 cm., on sheet 101 x 78 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale 1:80,000 (W 88⁰20ʹ--W 87⁰40ʹ/N 30⁰48ʹ--N 30⁰).
- Washington, D.C. : Coast Survey Office, 1856.
- Above top left border "No 48."
- Coast Survey Office. Verified by W.R. Palmer, Capt., Topl. Engr.
- "Redd. drwg. by C. Mahon & J.J. Ricketts" in lower left corner with F. Dankworth and J. Knight being the only legible names of the engravers printed at lower right corner.
- Information supplied on Winds, Currents, Sailing directions, Dangers outside Mobile Bay, Dangers inside Mobile Bay, and Tides.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: ViU copy is possibly a variant; "No. 48" is not visible at upper left, but left margin is closely cropped.
- Technical Details