- Item Actions
Map of the Cahaba coal field and adjacent regions
Constructed from notes of numerous geological surveys made during the past thirty years by Joseph Squire, Mining Engineer, Assistant Geologist in charge of Cahaba field ; the geology of the adjacent regions mainly from the field notes of Henry McCalley, Assistant State Geologist.
- Online; Map; Government Document
- 1 map on 2 sheets : col. ; 102 x 102 cm., sheets 52 x 110 cm.
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:80,500].
- [University, Ala.] : Geological Survey of Alabama, 1890.
- Shows the coal fields in Shelby, Bibb, Tuscaloosa, Jefferson and St. Clair counties, including portions of the Warrior and Coosa coal fields.
- Includes 6 vertical sections and 7 geological cross sections.
- Relief shown by hachures.
- Explanation of colors.
- "Engraved & prt'd by Julius Bien & Co. N.Y."
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. Mounted on linen.
- Technical details