- Item Actions
Preliminary post route map of the state of Florida, with adjacent parts of South Carolina, Georgia and Alabama : showing also the neighboring West India Islands
designed and constructed under the orders of Postmaster General Marshall Jewell and Second Assistant Postmaster General James N. Tyner by W.L. Nicholson, Topographer of P.O. Dept..
- Online; Map; Government Document
- 1 map on 2 sheets : col. ; 140 x 82 cm. on sheets 72 x 85 cm.
- Variant title
- Post route map of the state of Florida
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:1,013,760]; 1 in. to 16 miles.
- [Washington, D.C.] : United States Post Office Dept., 
- "The first edition was issued in 1876."
- "Drawn by Chas. E. Gorham."
- "Postal service on this diagram brought up to date of June 1, 1879."
- Prime meridian: Washington, D.C.
- Inset: West India Islands adjacent to the coast of Florida.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Presumably this edition. Library has northern sheet only (covering the area from Sarasota Florida north continuing due north of the western border of the Florida panhandle to Tuscaloosa Alabama east to Charleston S.C.) The attribution to Gorham, date of June 1, 1879 and West India Islands are not present-- presumably appear on the southern sheet.
- Technical details