- Item Actions
Magnus' Historical War Map. One Hundred & Fifty Miles Around Richmond
- Map; Online
- 1 map, col., 70 x 52 cm.
- Variant Title
- One hundred & fifty miles around Richmond
- Cartographic Info
- Scale ca. 1:900,000.
- New York, Washington, Charles Magnus, 
- General map centered on Richmond, Virginia.
- Insets: Maj. Gen. Canby' base of operations [Mississippi and Red River area] 9 x 8 cm. -- Maj. Gen. W.T. Sherman's base of operations [northern Georgia] 9 x 8 cm. -- Fortifications around Richmond, Va. 12 x 11 cm. -- Prominent battle grounds [Bethel, Bull Run, Winchester, Fair Oaks, Seven days' battles, Malvern Hill, Antietam, Chancellorsville, Mt. Crawford, and Monocacy, 1861-64] 10 maps, each 4 x 4 cm.
- Central map images 52 cm. in diameter.
- Includes portraits of Generals Grant and Lee.
- "Charles Magnus' New York Printing Establishment...Offices: 12 Frankfort St., New York, and 520 7th St., Washington, D.C."
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Linen backed, with edges bound in pink cloth.
- Cited in
- LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 632.2
- Technical Details