- Item Actions
Map of Virginia
by Jed. Hotchkiss, Top. Eng., Staunton, Va., 1874.
- Online; Map; Government Document
- 1 map : col. ; 25 x 48 cm.
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:1,554,000]
- (W 83⁰30ʹ-W 75⁰30ʹ/N 39⁰30ʹ-N 36⁰30ʹ)
- [Richmond, Va. R.F. Walker, Superintendent of Public Printing, 1876], c1875.
- Shows the natural divisions in color: Tidewater, Middle, Piedmond [sic.], Blue Ridge, The Valley, Appalacia.
- Includes much of West Virginia, but not colored by natural division..
- No. 2 in upper right corner.
- Copyright 1875 by Jed. Hotchkiss in lower left corner.
- From: Virginia: a geographical and political summary / compiled by Jedediah Hotchkiss, 1876; map between p. 18 and 19.
- Cited in
- Swem, E.G. Maps relating to Virginia, 1303.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Hotchkiss B; copy 1 mounted on linen; copy 2 left margin is not straight (part is torn off)
- Technical details