- Item Actions
Map of Virginia
by Jed. Hotchkiss, Top. Eng., Staunton, Va., 1874; The Geology by William B. Rogers, chiefly from the State Survey, 1835-41, with later observations in some parts ; lith. by A. Hoen & Co., Richmond, Va.
- Online; Map; Government Document
- 1 map : col. ; 25 x 55 cm.
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:1,540,000]
- (W 83⁰30ʹ-W 74⁰30ʹ/N 39⁰30ʹ-N 36⁰30ʹ)
- [Richmond, Va. : R. F. Walker, Superintendent of Public Printing, 1876], c1875.
- Includes much of West Virginia.
- Includes explanation of colors (showing colors of different geological periods).
- From: Virginia; a geographical and political summary / compiled by Jedediah Hotchkiss, 1876, map between p. 46 and 47.
- Cited in
- Swem, E.G. Maps relating to Virginia, 1301.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Hotchkiss B; copy 1: mounted on linen (Writing on back made illegible by mounting); copy 2: piece missing in Maryland section where folded
- Technical details