- Item Actions
Soil Map, Virginia, Prince Edward Sheet
soils surveyed by Chas. N. Mooney and Thos. A. Caine
- Map; Government Document; Online
- 1 map : col. ; 61 x 49 cm., on sheet 67 x 56 cm.
- Variant Title
- Prince Edward sheet
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:63,360]. 1 in. = 1 mile (W 78°30ʹ--W 78°10ʹ/N 37°20ʹ--N 37°).
- [Washington, D.C.] : U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Bureau of Soils, 1901 (N[ew] Y[ork] : Julius Bien & Co.)
- Relief shown by contours and spot heights.
- "8" printed on verso.
- Includes 6 soil profiles in left margin, and color-coded soil legend in right margin.
- "Field operations, Bureau of Soils, 1901."
- "Base map enlarged and redrawn from U.S. Geological Survey sheet."
- In upper margin: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Bureau of Soils, Milton Whitney, Chief [Title] Commonwealth of Virginia, Department of Agriculture, G.W. Koiner, commissioner. Virginia Agricultural Department Station, J.M. McBryde, Director."
- Appeared in: Report on Field operations of the Bureau of Soils.
- Technical Details