- Item Actions
Soil map, Virginia, Waynesboro sheet
soils surveyed by Chas. N. Mooney and F.E. Bonsteel.
- Online; Map; Government Document
- 1 map : col. ; 47 x 73 cm., on sheet 53 x 83 cm.
- Variant title
- Waynesboro sheet
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:63,360]. 1 in. = 1 mile
- (W 79°--W 78°30ʹ/N 38°15ʹ--N 38°).
- [Washington, D.C.] : U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Bureau of Soils, 1902 (Baltimore, Md. : A. Hoen & Co. Lith.)
- Relief shown by contours and spot heights.
- "Contour interval 100 feet."
- Includes 13 soil profiles in left margin, and color-coded soil legend in right margin.
- "Field Operations, Bureau of Soils, 1902."
- "Base map enlarged and redrawn from U.S. Geological Survey sheet, edition of 1902."
- In upper left corner: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Bureau of Soils, Milton Whitney, Chief.
- "5" printed on verso.
- Appeared in: Report on Field operations of the Bureau of Soils.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. Imperfect: several lower and upper marginal tears, including 14 cm separation of lower, central fold.
- Technical details