- Item Actions
Soil map, Virginia, Appomattox County sheet
soils surveyed by Thomas A. Caine and Hugh H. Bennett, 1904.
- Online; Map; Government Document
- 1 map : col. ; 66 x 62 cm., on sheet 73 x 70 cm.
- Variant title
- Appomattox County sheet
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:63,360]. 1 in. = 1 mile
- (W 79°--W 78°37ʹ/N 37°34ʹ--N 37°10ʹ).
- [Washinton, D.C. : U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Bureau of Soils, 1904]
- Relief shown by contours and spot heights.
- "Contour interval 50 feet."
- In upper margin: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture Bureau of Soils, Milton Whitney, Chief.
- "Base map is enlarged and redrawn from U.S. Geological Survey sheets."
- Includes soil profiles in left margin, and a color-coded soil legend .
- "Field Operations, Bureau of soils, 1904."
- Accompanied the Soil survey of Appomattox County.
- Technical details