- Item Actions
Map of Augusta County, Virginia
prepared under the direction of the Board of Survey of Washington College, Va., by Jed. Hotchkiss, topographical engineer ; engrd. by Worley & Bracher, Philadelphia
- Map; Online
- 1 map : b&w ; 120 x 114 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale 1:63,360. 1 in. to the mile. (W 79⁰33ʹ- W 78⁰48ʹ/N 38⁰25ʹ- N 37⁰50ʹ)
- [Lexington, Va.] : Trustees of Washington College, 1870.
- Signed by R.E. Lee, Pres. Bd. of Survey.
- Relief shown by hachures.
- "The basis of this map is the Confederate surveys made by order of Maj. Gen. J.F. Gilmer ..."
- Includes: inset Map of Staunton, Augusta County, Va. by Jed. Hotchkiss, 1870; "Map showing the original bounds of Augusta County, Virginia, as defined by statute Nov. 1738;" and "Profile of the Chesapeake & Ohio Rail Road from Charlottesville to the Rockbridge line."
- Includes authorities for map.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Hotchkiss B; split in 2 sections and mounted on linen. Shelved in map cases.
- Cited in
- Swem, E.G. Maps relating to Virginia, 1264
- Technical Details