- Item Actions
The United States of North America, With the British Territories and Those of Spain, According to the Treaty of 1784
engrav'd by Wm. Faden, 1796
- Map; Online
- 1 map : hand col. ; 53 x 63 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:6,500,000] (W 107⁰00'00ʺ--W 51⁰00'00ʺ/N 51⁰00'00ʺ--N 23⁰00'00ʺ)
- [London] : Published as the Act directs, Feby. 11, 1796, by Willm. Faden, Geographer to the King, Charing Cross, 1796.
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Prime meridian: London.
- Hand colored.
- Includes 5 color references, 9-line descriptive text on St. Croix River, 3-line note about Florida and 4-line note about the limits of the Indian land, as described by Henry Stevens and Roland Tree in "Comparative cartography" (Chapter 2, Mapping of America / R.V. Tooley, p. 100)
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Paul Mellon bequest, May 12, 2000.
- Cited in
- Stevens and Tree, Comparative cartography, 80f (Tooley, p. 101) ₎
- Technical Details