- Item Actions
The United States of North America, with the British territories and those of Spain, according to the treaty of 1784
engrav'd by Wm. Faden, 1796.
- Online; Map
- 1 map : hand col. ; 53 x 63 cm.
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:6,500,000]
- (W 107⁰00'00ʺ--W 51⁰00'00ʺ/N 51⁰00'00ʺ--N 23⁰00'00ʺ)
- [London] : Published as the Act directs, Feby. 11, 1796, by Willm. Faden, Geographer to the King, Charing Cross, 1796.
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Prime meridian: London.
- Hand colored.
- Includes 5 color references, 9-line descriptive text on St. Croix River, 3-line note about Florida and 4-line note about the limits of the Indian land, as described by Henry Stevens and Roland Tree in "Comparative cartography" (Chapter 2, Mapping of America / R.V. Tooley, p. 100)
- Cited in
- Stevens and Tree, Comparative cartography, 80f (Tooley, p. 101) ₎
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Paul Mellon bequest, May 12, 2000.
- Technical details