- Item Actions
The United States of North America: with the British & Spanish territories according to the treaty
Engrav'd by Wm. Faden.
- Online; Map
- 1 map : hand col. ; 51 x 62 cm.
- [London : Faden, 1783]
- Scale ca. 1:6,500,000 [based on latitude measurement]
- Prime meridian: London.
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Second 1783 issue, with the addition of a 7-line note about the St. Croix River, and a fifth color line. The map was first issued in 1777 with title "British colonies in North America." For a comparison of the Faden/Wyld maps, see: Henry Stevens and Roland Tree, "Comparative cartography" (Chapter 2, Mapping of America / R.V. Tooley, p. 100- 101)
- Cited in
- Stevens and Tree, Comparative cartography, 80c (Tooley, p. 100) ₎
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Paul Mellon bequest, May 12, 2000.
- Technical details