- Item Actions
The Theatre of War in North America: With the Roads and a Table of the Distances
Robert Sayer and John Bennett (Firm)
- Map; Online
- 1 map : hand-col. ; 42 x 52 cm. on sheet 72 x 52 cm.
- London : Printed for Rt. Sayer & Jno. Bennett, 1776.
- Title is centered at top of sheet.
- Shows East Florida south to C. Cannaveral.
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Prime meridian: Ferro.
- "Evan's Polymetric Table of America" -- Inset.
- Text (3 columns) below the map has caption title "A compendious account of the British Colonies in North-America." At the bottom of the middle column is "A table of the population of the British colonies in North-America, published in New-Jersey, in November, 1765."
- See McCorkle, B.B., New England, no. 776.26 for a description of the map without the text.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Linen-backed, with manuscript note in left margin, "This map was found in the Hartnell (?) Library and repaired, January 1832."
- Technical Details