- Item Actions
Plan of the City of Washington in the Territory of Columbia: Ceded by the States of Virginia and Maryland to the United States of America, and by Them Established as the Seat of Their Government, After the Year MDCCC
engrav'd by Thackara & Vallance Philad'a 1792 ; in order to execute this plan, Mr. Ellicott drew a true meridional line ... and left nothing to the uncertainty of the compass
- Map; Online
- 1 map ; 52 x 69 cm., on sheet 54 x 76 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:19,800].
- [Philadelphia : s.n., 1792]
- Shows block numbers and proposed government buildings.
- Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by soundings.
- Also covers Georgetown.
- Watermark: [crown over fleur-de-lis].
- Includes text, notes, and coat-of-arms.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: G3850 1792 .E44: Inscribed on verso: His Excellency General Walterstorff (Ernst Frederik von Walterstorff, 1755-1820)
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: G3850 1792 .E44b Copy 1-2: Undated facsimiles.
- Technical Details