- Item Actions
Map of the Richmond coal field
by S. Herries De Bow, Mining Engineer, Geol, &c. ; lith. of Ritchie & Dunnavant, Richmond, Va.
- Online; Map
- 1 map ; 36 x 42 cm. on sheet 57 x 51 cm.
- Variant title
- Richmond or Tide Water coal field :
- its extent, location, formation and connections with the cities of Richmond and Petersburg and with Tide Water, designed as the first of a series to represent the entire mineral resources of Virginia
- Mineral resources of Virginia
- Mathematical info
- Scale: [ca. 1:227,500]
- Richmond, [Va.] : published by S.H. De Bow, 1858.
- "November 1858."
- Oriented with north toward right margin.
- Includes 3 sections: Vertical section from centre of Coal Basin at "Carbin Hill" on the Tuckahoe Creek; Vertical section of the southside formation as shown at Midlothian and Black Heath, etc.; Elongated section of coal formation from north to south.
- Includes statistics of coal, distances, manufacturing, merchandising, canals and railroads centering in Richmond; and miscellaneous population and economic statistics.
- "Virginia: no. 1."--On two lines at top of map.
- Cited in
- Swem, E.G. Maps relating to Virginia, no. 884
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Map mounted on linen.
- Technical details