- Item Actions
Geological map and sections of the Pound quadrangle, Virginia
by Charles Butts ; assisted by D.D. Condit and W.A. Nelson ; surveyed in 1912 in co-operation with the United States Geological Survey.
- Online; Map
- 1 map ; 53 x 43 cm. on sheet 59 x 47 cm.
- Mathematical info
- Scale 1:62,500 ;
- (W 82°45ʹ--W 82°30ʹ/N 37°15ʹ--N 37°00ʹ)
- [Charlottesville, Va. : Virginia Geological Survey, 1914]
- Relief shown by contour lines and spot heights.
- Includes formation sections and 3 cross sections.
- Incldes a key to coal beds.
- In upper margin: Virginia Geological Survey. Thomas Leonard Watson, DIrector. U.S. Geological Survey. Geo. Otis Smith, Director. Bulletin IX Plate III.
- Appeared as plate 3 in: The coal resources and general geology of the Pound quadrangle in Virginia, by Charles Butts. Charlottesville, University of Virginia, 1914 (Virginia Geological Survey, Bulletin, no. 9)
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Linen-backed.
- Technical details