- Item Actions
A map of the state of Pennsylvania
by Reading Howell.
- Online; Map
- 1 map in 4 sheets : hand col. ; 92 x 156 cm., dissected to fold in slip-case, 29 x 26 cm.
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:325,000]. Scale of miles 69 to a degree.
- London : Published ... for the author & sold by James Phillips, George Yard, Lombard Street, 1 August, 1792.
- Relief shown by hachures.
- Shows county boundaries, towns, villages, forges, mills, houses, roads, inland navigation, and names of some landowners.
- Includes text and statement of dedication.
- Sheets a-c are Wheat and Brun's State 1; Sheet d is State 3, with London imprint.
- Cited in
- Wheat & Brun, Maps & charts published in America before 1800, no. 433-436.
- Phillips. Maps of America, p. 679
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Maps are numbered 32-34 in brown ink, upper right corners, on verso. Gift of Seymour I. Schwartz, August, 2007.
- Technical details