- Item Actions
A New Map of the Western Parts of Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and North Carolina: Comprehending the River Ohio, and All the Rivers, Which Fall Into It; Part of the River Mississippi, the Whole of the Illinois River, Lake Erie; Part of the Lakes Huron, Michigan &C. And All the Country Bordering on These Lakes and Rivers
by Thos. Hutchins, Captain in the 60 Regiment of Foot. Engrav'd by T. Cheevers
- Map; Online
- 1 map : hand-col. ; 90 x 109 cm.
- London : Published by T. Hutchins, 1778.
- Hand colored.
- Prime meridian: Philadelphia and London.
- Relief shown pictorially and by hachures.
- Includes descriptive and historical notes.
- Supplements the author's A topographical description of Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and North Carolina.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Imperfect: Has two deep tears at upper margin. Gift of Seymour I. Schwartz, August, 2007.
- Cited in
- Brown, Lloyd Arnold. Early maps of the Ohio Valley. 51
- LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 789
- Technical Details