- Item Actions
The Province of Artois and the Country Adjacent
by William de l'Isle, Geoger., Member of the Royal Academy of Sciences at Paris
- Map; Online
- 1 map ; 50 x 60 cm. on sheet 51 x 67 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:245,000].
- London : Engrav'd by Iohn Senex and sold by him at the Globe against St. Dunstans Church Fleetstreet, London, 1713 [i.e. ca. 1728]
- Earlier versions were published by Senex and John Maxwell.
- Shows boundaries, rivers, roads, canals, forests and settlements, with references to types of religious houses.
- Relief shown pictorially and by hachures.
- Dedication: To the Right Honorable Sr. Richard Temple Baronet Lieuetenant General of Her Majesties forces this map is humbly Dedicated and Presented by I. Senex.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Number "14" is handwritten in brown ink on verso. Extra crease lower margin, chipped at right edge, small fold separation right margin.
- Cited in
- Shirley, R. Maps in the atlases of the British Library, T:SEN-1d, Map 14.
- Technical Details