- Item Actions
A Map of the Provostship and Vicounty of Paris: Drawn From a Great Number of Particular Memoirs Made According to the Observations of the Royal Academy of Sciences
by G Delisle of the same Academy
- Map; Online
- 1 map : col. ; 49 x 64 cm. on sheet 54 x 68 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [1:180,000].
- [London] : Sold by I. Senex at the Globe against St. Dunstans Church in Fleetstreet London 1713, [ca. 1728]
- Earlier versions of this map carry the imprint of Senex and John Maxwell.
- Title is printed above the top border.
- Shows boundaries, rivers, roads, forests and settlements.
- Advertisement. All the places that are governed according to the laws of the city of Paris and are depending on the Provostship and Viscounty thereof are put into this map except for some that lie in the provinces of Champaine and Brie.
- Relief shown pictorially and by hachures.
- Prime meridian: London.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Number "16" is handwritten in brown ink on verso.
- Cited in
- Shirley, R. Maps in the atlases of the British Library, T:SEN-1d, Map 16.
- Technical Details