- Item Actions
A draught of Virginia from the Capes to York in York River and to Kuiquotan or Hamton in James River
by Mark Tiddeman.
- Online; Map
- 1 map ; 45 x 59 cm.
- Related title
- English pilot. Fourth book.
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:126,720].
- London : Sold by W. & I. Mount & T. Page, [between 1751 and 1794]
- State 2 of the map drafted by Tiddeman between 1725 and 1728, when it was sold to Mount and Page, and included in editions of The English Pilot, Fourth Book from 1751 to 1794. The 1st state of the map appeared in editions published between 1729 to 1749. Cf. Coolie Verner's "A carto-bibliographical study of The English Pilot, the fourth book," p. -61.
- Depths shown by soundings.
- Includes illustrations of buildings to show locations of selected settlements.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Area Table 755.4: Detached from an edition of The English Pilot Fourth Book published between 1751 and 1794. Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: G3882 .C6 P5 1751 .T54: Two photocopies and two photographs of various printings of State 2 of the map. From the collection of Coolie Vernor and dated by him as 1753 (2 copies), 1770 and 1778.
- Technical details