- Item Actions
North America : corrected from the observations communicated to the Royal Society at London, and the Royal Academy at Paris
By Iohn Senex, 1710 ; John Senex, sculpt.
- Online; Map
- 1 map : hand-col. ; 96 x 66 cm.
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:9,000,000].
- [London? : John Senex?, 1710?]
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Senex is the only name recorded in the statement of responsibility, and F.R.S. is not present. (Senex was made a Fellow of the Royal Society in 1727.)
- Dedication: To the Honorable Anthony Hammond Esq. One of the Commissioners of Her Majties. Navy this Map is humbly dedicated and presented by his obliged servant.
- Decorative title cartouche in upper left corner, with coat of arms below it. Four scales in lower left corner.
- Imprint is not present.
- Shows boundaries, rivers, forests and principal settlements, with notes.
- Text passages include: "The Long River, or Dead River was discovered lately by the Baron Lahontan" ..." and "A lake of salt water ..."
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Area Table 7 1710 Senex: Imperfect, with stains and foxing; mounted on linen. Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Area Table 7 1710 Senex 1727: Later variant, with statement of responsibility "By Iohn Senex, F.R.S., 1710." Imperfect: Discolored, and broken at folds.
- Technical details