- Item Actions
A new and exact map of the dominions of the King of Great Britain on ye continent of North America : containing Newfoundland, New Scotland, New England, New York, New Jersey, Pensilvania, Maryland, Virginia and Carolina
According to the newest and most exact observations by Herman Moll, Geographer.
- Online; Map
- col. map. 60 x 100 cm.
- [London] Printed and sold by Tho. Bowles, John Bowles, and I. King, 1715 [i.e. 1731]
- 1731 issue, with the inset of Carolina divided into counties, reading "Cherecies 3000 men, one of ye Kings &C of this Nation was in England in 1730" in the inset of the "South part of Carolina ...", and imprint in 3 lines.
- Hand colored.
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Prime meridian: London.
- Imprint date from Henry Stevens and Roland Tree's Comparative cartography, item 55c.
- Includes descriptive text.
- Insets: A view of ye industry of ye beavers of Canada ... the cataract of Niagara ... -- A draught of ye town and harbour of Charles-town -- A map of the principal part of North America -- A map of the improved part of Carolina with the settlements &c. -- South part of Carolina and the east part of Florida ...
- Technical details