- Item Actions
Americæ pars, nunc Virginia dicta : primum ab Anglis inuenta, sumtibus Dn. Walteri Raleigh, Equestris ordinis Viri, Anno Dn̄i. MDLXXXV regni Vero Sereniss. nostræ Reginæ Elisabethæ XXVII, hujus vero Historia peculiari Libro descripta est, additis etiam Indigenarum Iconibus
autore Ioanne With ; sculptore Theodoro de Brÿ, qui et. excud.
- Online; Map
- 1 map ; 31 x 42 cm.
- [Francofurtum ad Mænum] : De Brÿ, 
- Has watermark.
- Oriented with north to the right.
- Relief shown pictorially and by hachures.
- Pictorial map.
- Covers coastal region from Cape Fear to Chesapeake Bay.
- From Thomas Hariot's A briefe and true report of the new found land of Virginia, 1590.
- Cited in
- Cumming, W.P. Southeast in early maps, 12.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: G3880 1590 .W4 Copy 1: b&w; 1st state, with mis-spelling "Ehesepiooc" for the name of the Indian village near the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay. Watermark is on the right side of the sheet. Paul Mellon bequest, May 12, 2000.
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: G3880 1590 .W4 Copy 2: b&w; 1st state, with mis-spelling "Ehesepiooc" for the name of the Indian village near the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay. Watermark is on the left side of the sheet. Gift of Seymour I. Schwartz, December 2012.
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: G3880 1590 .W4b: hand col.; later state, with a heavy "C" placed over the initial E, to correct the misspelled Indian village to "Chesepiooc." Paul Mellon bequest, May 12, 2000.
- Technical details