- Item Actions
Harvey's Scenes of the primitive forest of America, at the four periods of the year : spring, summer, autumn & winter
engraved from his original paintings ; accompanied with descriptive letter-press.
- Online; Book; EBook
-  leaves,  leaves of plates : col. ill. ; 50 x 42 cm.
- Variant title
- Scenes of the primitive forest of America
- London : Published by George Harvey, 16 Foley Place, Great Portland Street, & Messrs. Ackermann & Co., Strand ; Printed by Johnson & Co., 10, Brooke Street, Holborn, 1841.
- Edited by Washington Irving.
- Cover imprint same as title page imprint.
- Dedication to Queen Victoria is dated January 1842.
- Plates are numbered 2-5; Plate 2 has imprint "Engraved by W.J. Bennett N.A. from the original painting by G. Harvey A.N.A."; Plate 3 has the same wording but with "W.I. Bennet"; engraver's name is not present on plates 4-5.
- Also published with New York imprint. Cf. BAL 10160.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Original black paper boards with leather backstrip; cover title within an elaborate gilt border. Paul Mellon bequest, May 12, 2000.
- Technical details