- Item Actions
Virginiae item et Floridae Americae provinciarum, nova descriptio
- Online; Map
- 1 map : hand col. ; 35 x 49 cm.
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:3,000,000]
- (W 82⁰--W 75⁰/N 38⁰--N 30⁰).
- [Amsterdam : Printed by H. Hondius and J. Johnson, 1636]
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Map by Hondius, from an English edition of Mercator's Atlas, with text on verso for "The description of Florida," p. 441 and 442. Signature: 9.S. ; catchword: 40 yeares.
- Includes notes, ill., and cartouche with a view of a Florida Indian village on the left, and a Virginia Indian village on the right. Cartographic details recorded in a strapwork box at lower right.
- Cited in
- Burden, P.D. Mapping of North America, 151
- Koeman, C. Atlantes Neerlandici, II, p. 373.
- Variant of Cumming, W.P. Southeast in early maps, 26
- Text of the map in Latin; text on verso in English.
- Technical details