- Item Actions
A correct map of the United States of North America : including the British and Spanish territories, carefully laid down agreeable to the treaty of 1784
by T. Bowen, Geogr.
- Online; Map
- 1 map ; 32 x 45 cm.
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:12,500,000]
- [London : s.n., ca. 1787]
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Printed note in upper margin: "Engraved for Bankes's New System of Universal Geography, Published by Royal Authority."
- This map is found in several editions of Banke's geographies, from 1787-1810. -- Cf. McCorkle.
- 2 scales: English Miles, Nautic Leagues
- Includes the Great Lakes.
- Cited in
- LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 756
- McCorkle, B.B., New England 787.1
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Area Table 73 1787 Bowen: Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: G3700 1787 .B6: Imperfect: Some soiling and staining (esp. verso). Mounted on linen, with penciled note on verso "Mtd by Wm M Guess (or Guest), Dec. 19, 1940."
- Technical details