- Item Actions
A Map of the British Colonies in North America: With the Roads, Distances, Limits, and Extent of the Settlements, Humbly Inscribed to the Right Honourable the Earl of Halifax, and the Other Right Honourable the Lords Commissioners for Trade & Plantations /cBy Their Lordships Most Obliged and Very Humble Servant, Jno. Mitchell
Mitchell, John; Kitchin, Thomas; Pownall, John; Jefferys & Faden (London, England)
- Map; Online
- 1 map on 8 sheets : hand col. ; 136 x 195 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:2,000,000]
- London : Printed for Jefferys and Faden, Geographers to the King at the Corner of St. Martins Lane Charing Cross London, [ca. 1775]
- Earlier versions published under title: A map of the British and French dominions in North America.
- Title changed in 1775 according to McCorkle.
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Approbation by John Pownall.
- Includes text and inset "A new map of Hudson's Bay and Labrador from the late surveys of those coasts."
- Tho: Kitchin Sculp.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. Area Table 7 1775 Mitchell: Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: McGregor A 1775 .M573 1900: Undated facsimile, sectioned, mounted on linen, and folded to 35 x 25 cm.
- Cited in
- LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 43
- McCorkle, B.B., New England, 755.31, NOTE.
- Technical Details