- Item Actions
An Accurate Map of the English Colonies in North America Bordering on the River Ohio
Henry Overton (Firm); Overton, Henry
- Map; Online
- 1 map : hand col. 35 x 31 cm.on sheet 35 x 41 cm.
- London : Printed for and Sold by H. Overton, at the White-Horse without Newgate [ca. 1755]
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Map is printed between two columns of text. Dated 1754 by McCorkle, who believes this broadside printing was issued before the smaller version.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. Imperfect: Sophisticated copy? text columns seem to be pasted to the map.Sheet is diffusely browned, with very closely cropped margins. Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- Other Forms
- Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Cited in
- LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 54
- McCorkle, B.B. New England, 754.2.
- Technical Details