- Item Actions
A Map of South Carolina and a part of Georgia : Containing the whole sea-coast; all the islands, inlets, rivers, creeks, parishes, townships, boroughs, roads, and bridges: As also, several plantations, with their proper boundary-lines, their names, and the names of their proprietors
Composed from surveys taken by the Hon. William Bull Esq. Lieutenant Governor, Captin Gascoign, Hugh Bryan, Esq; and William De Brahm Esqr. Surveryor General of the Southn. District of North America, republished with considerable additions, from the surveys made & collected by John Stuart Esqr. His Majesty's superintendent of Indian affairs, by William Faden Successor to the late T. Jefferys, Geographer to the King. Charing Cross 1780.
- Online; Map
- 1 map on 2 sheets : hand col. 134 x 122 cm.
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:320,000]
- London, Published as the Act directs, by Wm. Faden, Charing Cross. June 1st.1780.
- "West longitude from London."
- Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by soundings.
- Includes indexes for "The names of the proprietors of land in South Carolina" and "The names of the proprietors of land in Georgia."
- Dedication: "To the Right Honourable Lord George Germaine, First Lord Commissioner ...Trade & Plantations..."
- Sheets numbered by hand, 22 and 23, on verso.
- Cited in
- Phillips, Map, p. 820.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. Imperfect: lower centerfold separation and offsetting to title sheet. Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- Technical details