- Item Actions
A Map of South Carolina and a Part of Georgia: Containing the Whole Sea-Coast; All the Islands, Inlets, Rivers, Creeks, Parishes, Townships, Boroughs, Roads, and Bridges: As Also, Several Plantations, With Their Proper Boundary-Lines, Their Names, and the Names of Their Proprietors
Composed from surveys taken by the Hon. William Bull Esq. Lieutenant Governor, Captin Gascoign, Hugh Bryan, Esq; and William De Brahm Esqr. Surveryor General of the Southn. District of North America, republished with considerable additions, from the surveys made & collected by John Stuart Esqr. His Majesty's superintendent of Indian affairs, by ...
- Map; Online
- 1 map on 2 sheets : hand col. 134 x 122 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:320,000]
- London, Published as the Act directs, by Wm. Faden, Charing Cross. June 1st.1780.
- "West longitude from London."
- Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by soundings.
- Includes indexes for "The names of the proprietors of land in South Carolina" and "The names of the proprietors of land in Georgia."
- Dedication: "To the Right Honourable Lord George Germaine, First Lord Commissioner ...Trade & Plantations..."
- Sheets numbered by hand, 22 and 23, on verso.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. Imperfect: lower centerfold separation and offsetting to title sheet. Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- Cited in
- Phillips, Map, p. 820.
- Technical Details