- Item Actions
A plan of Port Royal-Harbour in Carolina : with the proposed forts, depth of water &c. Latitude
According to an origenal Draught by H. Moll.
- Online; Map
- 1 map : b&w ; 20 x 27 cm.
- Variant title
- Plan of Port Royal Harbour in Carolina
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca.1:300,000].
- [London? : Printed for Tho. Bowles and John Bowles?, ca. 1732]
- Appeared in editions of Moll's Atlas minor. Imprint used is from an edition of the atlas.
- University of Virginia copy is a variant of Cumming & DeVorsey, no. 200, Color Plate 16, with the following points: "According to an Original Draught By" is printed on one line, with "H. Moll" dropped down on another line with the "H" below the "t" of Draught. The number "57" (not 52) is printed just outside upper right recto neatline. "A" is printed below the neatline at the center of the lower margin, with the number "III" printed at lower right corner.
- Note: Port Royal River lies 20 Leagues from Ashley River S.W. it has a bold Entrance...
- Shows coastline and shoals.
- Depth shown as soundings.
- North to right of map.
- Cf. Cumming and DeVorsey, Southeast in early maps, 3rd ed., revised and enlarged, 1998, entry 200.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- Technical details