- Item Actions
auctore Hieron. Chiaues
- Map; Online
- 1 map : hand col. ; 15 x 22 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale 1:14,500,000.
- [Antwerp : Abraham Ortelius, ca. 1584]
- From: Ortelius, Abraham. Theatrum orbis terrarum, Antwerp; apparently cut from a larger sheet that included maps of Peruvviae and of Gvastecan. The verso of the map is blank. This particular image was issued from 1584-1612.
- Described by Burden as "the first regional map of the south-eastern portion of North America."
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. Imperfect: diffusely browned; trimmed at lower edge; left margin restored. Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- Cited in
- Burden, Philip. The mapping of North America,, no. 57.
- Technical Details